2010年4月24日 星期六

Using Blogs in teaching and learning with lower primary students

How blogs can be a learning tool to students in P.3? I have never imagined before. Yet, I see how interent and blogging is powerful after working out the curriculum design assignment with my P3 class.

http://3chappyangels.blogspot.com/
This is a blog I designed for help students to get reach to some links and write their own piece of writing on computer and on line as well. Students are motivated to come to the blog by reading other's work. It provided students the chance to express their own thought as well as the comments on others.

I, as a administrator of the blog  and  an instructor of the course, take the advantage of peer evaluation,
When Students read my comments on others' writng,  They get rid of the same mistakes as others. 

26 students in this class finished the writing and post on the blog. Some of them writing even worked in front of the class in very short time. Children were eager to have the challenge although the task is not easy at all.

1 則留言:

  1. Wendy,
    Teachers find it impossible to ask their students to write diaries but kids nowadays do stick to their blogs on a daily basis.

    I guess new technologies offer us a good chance to advocate regular writing among teenagers.

    回覆刪除